Using latency markers

Gyula Fóra
Hi all!

Does anyone have a working example of using the latency markers to test for the topology latency?
We are using Flink 1.3.2 and it seems like however we tune it, whatever job we use all we get is NaN in the metrics. Maybe we are completely missing something...

Thanks!
Gyula

Re: Using latency markers

Aljoscha Krettek
Hi,

I must admit that I've never used this but I'll try and look into it.

Best,
Aljoscha

> On 10. Aug 2017, at 11:10, Gyula Fóra <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi all!
>
> Does anyone have a working example of using the latency markers to test for the topology latency?
> We are using Flink 1.3.2 and it seems like however we tune it, whatever job we use all we get is NaN in the metrics. Maybe we are completely missing something...
>
> Thanks!
> Gyula

Re: Using latency markers

Kien Truong
Hi,

I just want to say we're having the same issues.

There's no metric for latency when we attempted to export the metrics
through graphite either.

Regards,

Kien

On 8/10/2017 7:36 PM, Aljoscha Krettek wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I must admit that I've never used this but I'll try and look into it.
>
> Best,
> Aljoscha
>
>> On 10. Aug 2017, at 11:10, Gyula Fóra <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all!
>>
>> Does anyone have a working example of using the latency markers to test for the topology latency?
>> We are using Flink 1.3.2 and it seems like however we tune it, whatever job we use all we get is NaN in the metrics. Maybe we are completely missing something...
>>
>> Thanks!
>> Gyula

Re: Using latency markers

Aljoscha Krettek
It seems you have to enable latency tracking via ExecutionConfig.setLatencyTrackingInterval(...). This will make the sources emit latency tokens, which then in turn update the latency metric: https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.3/monitoring/metrics.html#latency-tracking.

Did you enable that?

Best,
Aljoscha